Home » News » Public Safety
Accidental fire destroys two boats in Milton
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 11:36 p.m. after a fire alarm sounded at 11 Industrial Way — home of Eastern Boats.
“The cause is believed to be improperly disposed of industrial materials,” Marique said, adding the owners have had this issue with fiberglass shavings before and plan to re-address it.
Bourdeau credited firefighters for their swift response.
“We had seven boats in here, but only two were ruined,” Bourdeau said, adding a pair of boats — a 22-footer and a 24-footer — will have to be scrapped.
Nonetheless, Bourdeau said the new owner is not upset with the company, which will pay for the new boats, which cost about $60,000 apiece.
Bourdeau said he expected to meet an insurance adjuster, since the fire also caused minor smoke damage to the walls and ceiling of the building.
“This is just a hiccup, that’s for sure,” Bourdeau said, adding the incident will not affect operations for the company, which recently expanded to 43 employees.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice