Home » News » Public Safety
Accidental fire destroys two boats in Milton
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 11:36 p.m. after a fire alarm sounded at 11 Industrial Way — home of Eastern Boats.
“The cause is believed to be improperly disposed of industrial materials,” Marique said, adding the owners have had this issue with fiberglass shavings before and plan to re-address it.
Bourdeau credited firefighters for their swift response.
“We had seven boats in here, but only two were ruined,” Bourdeau said, adding a pair of boats — a 22-footer and a 24-footer — will have to be scrapped.
Nonetheless, Bourdeau said the new owner is not upset with the company, which will pay for the new boats, which cost about $60,000 apiece.
Bourdeau said he expected to meet an insurance adjuster, since the fire also caused minor smoke damage to the walls and ceiling of the building.
“This is just a hiccup, that’s for sure,” Bourdeau said, adding the incident will not affect operations for the company, which recently expanded to 43 employees.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 0
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 8
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
- Berlin looking to acquire BearCat armored vehicle - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber