Home » News » Public Safety
City man killed in I-93 rollover
State police said Wilfredo Gonzalez, 47, was thrown from his 1997 Jeep Wrangler when it rolled over about 4 p.m. Witnesses told police the Jeep was traveling in the center lane when it veered into the high-speed lane. The vehicle went from there to the high-speed breakdown lane and then the center median.
When state troopers responded to the crash on I-93 south at mile marker 23, they found the Jeep resting on its side in the high-speed breakdown lane.
He was the lone occupant of the vehicle, according to police.
Gonzalez was transported to Elliot Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
Troopers were assisted on scene by the Manchester Fire Department and the state Department of Transportation.Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Trooper R. Hajjar at the NH State Police–Troop B barracks at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'