Home » News » Public Safety
City man killed in I-93 rollover
State police said Wilfredo Gonzalez, 47, was thrown from his 1997 Jeep Wrangler when it rolled over about 4 p.m. Witnesses told police the Jeep was traveling in the center lane when it veered into the high-speed lane. The vehicle went from there to the high-speed breakdown lane and then the center median.
When state troopers responded to the crash on I-93 south at mile marker 23, they found the Jeep resting on its side in the high-speed breakdown lane.
He was the lone occupant of the vehicle, according to police.
Gonzalez was transported to Elliot Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
Troopers were assisted on scene by the Manchester Fire Department and the state Department of Transportation.Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Trooper R. Hajjar at the NH State Police–Troop B barracks at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 9
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 24
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate