Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Keene man shoots himself, dies in standoff with police
Matthew Snow, 34, of Keene, was rushed to Cheshire Medical Center with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. He died at the hospital, Keene police Sgt. Steven Steward said.
The standoff started around 6 p.m. after Keene police officers tried to arrest Snow on an electronic bench warrant on charges of receiving stolen property and a parole violation.
That began the standoff near an apartment complex on Ivy Drive. Nearby residences were evacuated, and the state police SWAT team was called to the scene. Other officers arrived from Swanzey, Marlborough and the Cheshire County Sheriff’s Office to assist.
Two men were arrested in connection with the stand-off and shooting, one at the scene and the other at the hospital.
Around 10:09 p.m., James Cleaveland, 27, of Keene was arrested at the scene for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.Cleaveland is associated with the Free Keene group and has previously identified himself as the Robin Hood who leads activists in filling parking meters downtown to prevent the city from issuing parking tickets.
The other man was arrested around 11:30 p.m. at the hospital.
Stewart said Wood is related to Snow.
“He showed up at the hospital and was insisting on being in the emergency room and getting close to the deceased,” Stewart said.
Both men were released on personal recognizance and given a Sept. 2 arraignment date.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
- KSC student facing charges related to riot - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483