Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
NH fugitive captured in NY
Eddie Cepeda, 44, was featured June 19 by the U.S. Marshals Service as its "Fugitive of the Week." He was wanted on an arrest warrant issued by the state Adult Parole Board for parole violations on past convictions of robbery and two burglaries.
Investigators in New Hampshire received several tips concerning Cepeda, which led them to various addresses in Manchester. Additional information developed, however, indicating Cepeda was likely in New York living with family members.
That information was forwarded to U.S. Marshals in the Albany, N.Y. office, which followed up on the lead. Early Wednesday morning, members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force in New York, along with Amsterdam police officers, checked a family member's apartment on East Main Street in Amsterdam, where they found Cepeda and arrested him without incident.
Amsterdam police took custody of Cepeda and is charging him with being a fugitive from justice on the N.H. warrant. Cepeda will appear in court today in N.Y. and will be held in a New York jail pending his return to the N.H. State Prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483