Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Police identify man who killed himself after 4.5-hour standoff in Keene
Officers tried to arrest Matthew Snow, 34, of Keene on an electronic bench warrant for receiving stolen property and for a parole violation about 6 p.m. but he ran from then and through a parking lot where police said he pulled out a handgun and held it against his own body.
That began the stand-off near an apartment complex on Ivy Drive. Nearby residences were evacuated and the state police SWAT team was called to the scene. Other officers arrived from Swanzey, Marlboro and the Cheshire County Sheriff's Office to assist Keene police.
About 10:30 p.m., police said Snow shot himself once in the chest. He immediately was taken to Cheshire Medical Center where he died.
An autopsy will be scheduled to determine the cause of death.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Det. Joel Chidester at 603-357-9813.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
- KSC student facing charges related to riot - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483