Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police identify man who killed himself after 4.5-hour standoff in Keene
Officers tried to arrest Matthew Snow, 34, of Keene on an electronic bench warrant for receiving stolen property and for a parole violation about 6 p.m. but he ran from then and through a parking lot where police said he pulled out a handgun and held it against his own body.
That began the stand-off near an apartment complex on Ivy Drive. Nearby residences were evacuated and the state police SWAT team was called to the scene. Other officers arrived from Swanzey, Marlboro and the Cheshire County Sheriff's Office to assist Keene police.
About 10:30 p.m., police said Snow shot himself once in the chest. He immediately was taken to Cheshire Medical Center where he died.
An autopsy will be scheduled to determine the cause of death.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Det. Joel Chidester at 603-357-9813.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483