Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Nashua man charged with making false report, assault
NASHUA — A city man, who told police a woman stabbed him in the leg, is under arrest for making up the story when he actually punched the woman in the face and cut her with a knife, according to investigators.
Eder Chaves, 31, whose address was not released by police, is charged with false report to law enforcement, second degree assault and simple assault, both domestic-related.
Chaves was arrested after police received a 911 hang-up call and went to the residence from where the call was made. Chaves was there and told officers he’d been stabbed in the leg during a domestic dispute with a woman he knows.
Chaves was treated at a local hospital for minor injuries and released.
Detectives, however, later determined he had made up the story about being stabbed. Chaves, police said, had punched the woman in the face and used a knife to cut her torso.
Chaves is being held on $10,000 cash only bail, pending arraignment in 9th Circuit Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 2
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917