Wilton school project begins
On Monday, workers began demolition of the 1950 wing of Wilton's Florence Rideout Elementary School as part of a $8.25 million construction and renovation project. (KATHLEEN BAGLIO HUMPHREYS)
The main challenge is how to build and renovate while also providing classroom space for students in Wilton during construction and in Lyndeborough during renovations.
“Things are on schedule and progressing as expected,” said School Board member Harry Dailey.
The towns share a cooperative middle and high school but were financially responsible for the elementary school located within their town borders until voters changed that in March 2014 to allow the elementary schools to be consolidated.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley