City eyes Cadillac tax rule
“In meetings with business owners and employees across my state, I have heard similar concerns that mandates and taxes under the health care law are making it harder for businesses to grow and hire,” she continued in the letter.
U.S. Democratic Rep. Annie Kuster also replied to his letter, stating that she shared concerns about the impact of the tax, while also pointing out the positive aspects of the health law.
Contracts typically run for three to four years, and health care costs are a key component.
Alderman-At-Large Joe Kelly Levasseur has been critical of seeking a waiver from the Cadillac tax, arguing it would deprive the city of leverage in negotiations. But he said on Tuesday that he was glad the mayor raised the issue.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Rye insurance expert to be liaison between former LGC subsidiary, state regulator - 0
- Potential deal between ex-LGC subsidiaries, regulators - 0
- HealthTrust's tax-free status still in limbo - 0
- Maine governor bemoans move of 8 child immigrants to his state - 3
- Revenue from gas tax increase ramps up paving state highways - 1
- Executive Council approves Medicaid expansion contract - 0
- 'Aerospace corridor' eyed between Quebec and New England - 0
- Vanity plate rules seek balance - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches