Home » News » Public Safety
Overturned tractor trailor blocks traffic
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident occurred around 2:30 p.m. on the Exit 3 on-ramp, which splits access points to 101 East and 101 West.
Police said a 2006 Kenworth T300 dump truck registered to LH White and Son Inc. of Bow was hauling a 2002 flat bed trailer registered to the same company. As the truck's driver, 64-year-old Jay West of Chester, was accessing the highway via the on-ramp the trailer unit, which was carrying an excavator, rolled over. Police said the truck may have been moving too fast to negotiate the curvature of the ramp, though the investigation is ongoing.
West was uninjured, but the scene required an extensive cleanup and removal operation, which police saidwas conducted by Alan's Diesel and Truck Center of Lee. The Exit 3 on-ramps had to be shut down for about an hour as the trailer and excavator were righted and removed.
Candia Police and the New Hampshire Department of Transportation assisted State Police. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Trooper Kevin Devlin at 223-8490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH