Home » News » Public Safety
Overturned tractor trailor blocks traffic
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident occurred around 2:30 p.m. on the Exit 3 on-ramp, which splits access points to 101 East and 101 West.
Police said a 2006 Kenworth T300 dump truck registered to LH White and Son Inc. of Bow was hauling a 2002 flat bed trailer registered to the same company. As the truck's driver, 64-year-old Jay West of Chester, was accessing the highway via the on-ramp the trailer unit, which was carrying an excavator, rolled over. Police said the truck may have been moving too fast to negotiate the curvature of the ramp, though the investigation is ongoing.
West was uninjured, but the scene required an extensive cleanup and removal operation, which police saidwas conducted by Alan's Diesel and Truck Center of Lee. The Exit 3 on-ramps had to be shut down for about an hour as the trailer and excavator were righted and removed.
Candia Police and the New Hampshire Department of Transportation assisted State Police. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Trooper Kevin Devlin at 223-8490 or email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads