Home » News » Public Safety
Overturned tractor trailor blocks traffic
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident occurred around 2:30 p.m. on the Exit 3 on-ramp, which splits access points to 101 East and 101 West.
Police said a 2006 Kenworth T300 dump truck registered to LH White and Son Inc. of Bow was hauling a 2002 flat bed trailer registered to the same company. As the truck's driver, 64-year-old Jay West of Chester, was accessing the highway via the on-ramp the trailer unit, which was carrying an excavator, rolled over. Police said the truck may have been moving too fast to negotiate the curvature of the ramp, though the investigation is ongoing.
West was uninjured, but the scene required an extensive cleanup and removal operation, which police saidwas conducted by Alan's Diesel and Truck Center of Lee. The Exit 3 on-ramps had to be shut down for about an hour as the trailer and excavator were righted and removed.
Candia Police and the New Hampshire Department of Transportation assisted State Police. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Trooper Kevin Devlin at 223-8490 or email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0