All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Fire chief: Cigarette blamed for causing Milford house fire

MILFORD — A fire caused extensive damage to a porch and front living room at 61 Highland Ave. on June 30, leaving the home uninhabitable.

The remainder of the house suffered heavy smoke and heat damage. It could take a few months before residents Madeline and Dennis Martin are able to return to their home, but according to Milford fire officials it can be rebuilt.

“The call came in around 4:11pm and was pretty quick knocked down in about two hours or so,” said Capt. Jason Smedick.

Madeline Martin was able to safely escape with her dogs. There were no injuries to the residents or firefighters.

The cause of the one-alarm fire was careless disposal of smoking materials, Smedick said.

The Martins have sons who live in the area and fire officials believe they are staying with them.

Eric Church
Saturday, 8 p.m.

Discover Wild NH Day
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Kathy Griffin
Saturday, 7 p.m.

Peter Wolf
Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

Motor Booty Affair
Saturday, 8 p.m.