Home » News » Public Safety
Police identify body found in Hampton swimming pool as Peterborough woman
Sheena Burgess, 27, of Peterborough, died as a result of drowning in the pool of the Olde English Village Apartments, 463 Winnacunnet Road, according to an autopsy performed by the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office.
Burgess was staying temporarily at the apartment complex, Hampton Police Chief Jamie Sullivan said.
At 5:50 a.m. on Saturday police responded to a call of a report of a woman found in the complex's pool. After arriving, police found the 27-year-old victim at the bottom of the pool, Sullivan said. Foul play is not suspected, he said.
“At this point we know that the ruling by the medical examiner is that the death was by drowning and there is no suspicious involvement or foul play at the time,” Sullivan said.
Other than to say the death is non-suspicious, Sullivan said, declining further comment.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 2
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof