Home » News » Public Safety
Police identify body found in Hampton swimming pool as Peterborough woman
Sheena Burgess, 27, of Peterborough, died as a result of drowning in the pool of the Olde English Village Apartments, 463 Winnacunnet Road, according to an autopsy performed by the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office.
Burgess was staying temporarily at the apartment complex, Hampton Police Chief Jamie Sullivan said.
At 5:50 a.m. on Saturday police responded to a call of a report of a woman found in the complex's pool. After arriving, police found the 27-year-old victim at the bottom of the pool, Sullivan said. Foul play is not suspected, he said.
“At this point we know that the ruling by the medical examiner is that the death was by drowning and there is no suspicious involvement or foul play at the time,” Sullivan said.
Other than to say the death is non-suspicious, Sullivan said, declining further comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket