Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem
Recreation Director Chris Dillon will make the decision at noon on Thursday on whether the fireworks and festivities will take place on the Fourth.
If the weather forces a delay, the rain date is Saturday, July 5.
The notice to delay the fireworks and activities will be posted on the town's website as well as the local community television station.
The weather forecast for Friday calls for showers, while Saturday looks to be mostly sunny.