Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in SalemBy Adam Swift
Union Leader correspondent
July 02. 2014 1:46PM
SALEM – With talk of tropical storms and wet weather on the way, the town is waiting to make a final decision on when its Fourth of July festivities will take place.
Recreation Director Chris Dillon will make the decision at noon on Thursday on whether the fireworks and festivities will take place on the Fourth.
If the weather forces a delay, the rain date is Saturday, July 5.
The notice to delay the fireworks and activities will be posted on the town's website as well as the local community television station.
The weather forecast for Friday calls for showers, while Saturday looks to be mostly sunny.