Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Thieves target graves in Candia's Holbrook Cemetery
Evan Webster's sign in front of the Holbrook Cemetery was taken on June 18 and left at a nearby location. (RYAN O'CONNOR)
He’s not alone.
Candia Police Chief Mike McGillen said his department took three reports in as many days regarding flowers and other items being taken from gravesites in the cemetery.
McGillen said the items taken include hundreds of dollars worth of planted and potted flowers, and other items such as illuminated grave markers.
“We planted $120 worth of perennials on Tuesday and watered them Wednesday and Thursday, and then we went up Saturday morning and all the plants were gone,” said Roland Grimard. “We had 11 plants around three stones, and they even took the time to fill in the holes and flatten it out.”
“Two of the pans with beautiful plants in them were missing, and then I went to another lot I’ve been routinely watering and a pan of plants missing there as well, as was one little marigold that had been dug up, and then on the way out I passed by another gravesite I’ve tended to for friends and noticed at least three pots missing there, as well as some luminaries,” she said.
In addition, a local Eagle Scout, who was working on a project to restore the metal gate at the entrance to Holbrook Cemetery, had a makeshift sign ripped down and left near Moore Park and the Candia Police station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 0
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917