Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Thieves target graves in Candia's Holbrook Cemetery
Evan Webster's sign in front of the Holbrook Cemetery was taken on June 18 and left at a nearby location. (RYAN O'CONNOR)
He’s not alone.
Candia Police Chief Mike McGillen said his department took three reports in as many days regarding flowers and other items being taken from gravesites in the cemetery.
McGillen said the items taken include hundreds of dollars worth of planted and potted flowers, and other items such as illuminated grave markers.
“We planted $120 worth of perennials on Tuesday and watered them Wednesday and Thursday, and then we went up Saturday morning and all the plants were gone,” said Roland Grimard. “We had 11 plants around three stones, and they even took the time to fill in the holes and flatten it out.”
“Two of the pans with beautiful plants in them were missing, and then I went to another lot I’ve been routinely watering and a pan of plants missing there as well, as was one little marigold that had been dug up, and then on the way out I passed by another gravesite I’ve tended to for friends and noticed at least three pots missing there, as well as some luminaries,” she said.
In addition, a local Eagle Scout, who was working on a project to restore the metal gate at the entrance to Holbrook Cemetery, had a makeshift sign ripped down and left near Moore Park and the Candia Police station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917