SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some
The vice chairman, Skip Ashooh, said the deadline was established by trustees, who have to decide whether to move forward with a merger or with their search for a new president.
“We’re not dating. We’re not engaged. We’re not married. We’re just trying to understand what it’s about,” said Phyllis Stibler, an Institute trustee.
Massachusetts resident Maureen Wall said her daughter is attending the Institute next fall, and a theater program would be nice.
“We have a chance to create something that’s never happened before,” she said.
Several instructors and staff worried about their jobs. But Strawbridge said the Institute would retain its autonomy and its office staff, and SNHU estimates 400 people would have to be hired in the first year of a merger.
Sean Beavers, an adjunct art instructor, said Institute art students submit portfolios and desire a career in art.
“I cannot see how they would be able to succeed in a course that does not have a one-on-one relationship,” she said.Tom Adams, a student, called on trustees to release any documents involving a merger.
“I’d like to see this thing slowed down,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Lower corporate tax rates or lose more firms - 2
- Roger Simon: If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 30
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 2
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
- The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission - 0
- Connecting trails: First OHRVs, now bikes - 0
- Pat Buchanan: Has Hillary Clinton ever been right on foreign policy? - 0
- NFL Roundup: UNH product Corey Graham named a captain by Bills - 0
- Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
DWI License Revocations
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown