SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some
The vice chairman, Skip Ashooh, said the deadline was established by trustees, who have to decide whether to move forward with a merger or with their search for a new president.
“We’re not dating. We’re not engaged. We’re not married. We’re just trying to understand what it’s about,” said Phyllis Stibler, an Institute trustee.
Massachusetts resident Maureen Wall said her daughter is attending the Institute next fall, and a theater program would be nice.
“We have a chance to create something that’s never happened before,” she said.
Several instructors and staff worried about their jobs. But Strawbridge said the Institute would retain its autonomy and its office staff, and SNHU estimates 400 people would have to be hired in the first year of a merger.
Sean Beavers, an adjunct art instructor, said Institute art students submit portfolios and desire a career in art.
“I cannot see how they would be able to succeed in a course that does not have a one-on-one relationship,” she said.Tom Adams, a student, called on trustees to release any documents involving a merger.
“I’d like to see this thing slowed down,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
- New victim protections passed by Legislature celebrated - 0
- Gov. Hassan asks agency heads for conservative budgets - 2
- Hassan runs first ad as GOP claims more irregularities - 0
- Interim IT, NH tourism heads approved - 0
- Manchester lawyer urged to seek District 16 Senate seat - 0
- NH July revenues prompt spending warning - 0
- Gov. Hassan set to nominate acting IT, state tourism chiefs - 0
- Gov. Hassan to nominate acting IT, tourism chiefs - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return