Home » News » Public Safety
State police investigate fatal Lebanon crash
State police have yet to release the name of the driver who died in the crash just before 10 a.m. near Exit 19.
Troopers were already on the scene because of downed power lines across the highway near the exit, a result of an unidentified tractor trailer hauling a large piece of equipment north on the highway.
The interstate was closed down, with the help of state Department of Transportation employees, so the wires could be safely removed. North and southbound traffic was detoured off Exit 19 in Lebanon.
It was during the road closure that the woman's sedan, traveling north on I-89, veered off the right side of the road.
Witnesses told police the car swerved to the right to avoid traffic, tried to brake, lost control and rolled over multiple times. The car struck a guard rail to the right of the road, and rolled over and through the guard rail before coming to rest on its roof down into an embankment, state police said.
The collision is still under investigation.
Witnesses are urged to call Trooper Ryan St. Cyr at 603-271-3636.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH