Home » News » Public Safety
Former acting police chief leaving Hanover after 26 years
“The Hanover Police Department and the Town of Hanover want to thank Captain Moran for his dedicated service to our community and wish him well in his future endeavors,” the department said in a statement Wednesday.
He served as acting chief for 16 months before the town hired Charlie Dennis as the new chief of police.
Dennis was sworn in June 6. Moran stayed on with Dennis for a week to help with the transition then went on vacation. Moran did not want a party, Dennis said, “He just wanted to bow out quietly and he did.”
“We’ll miss him terribly, but we’re excited for him,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 26
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 13
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
- Salem mall renovations on target - 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 12
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 2
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 2
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Health costs up for Manchester