This Week's Rare Bird Alert
At least two Mississippi kites are being seen regularly in Newmarket, where they have nested during the past several years.
An Acadian flycatcher was discovered off of Bennett Road in Durham on May 24 and has been seen many times since then. It was last reported on June 22. It has been seen and heard singing less than 1 mile from Route 108 on the north side of the road, among scattered alders in a field and near a small pond.
A Boreal chickadee nest was found in a large dead paper birch snag located on the northeast side of the Caps Ridge Trail parking lot off of Jefferson Notch Road in the White Mountains. The snag is multi-trunked and about 20 feet tall with snapped off tops. The cavity nest hole is on the left-most trunk as viewed from the parking lot. Adult Boreal chickadees were seen visiting the nest on June 28 and 29.
A Bicknell’s thrush was seen well at the south end of the Rim Trail on Cannon Mountain in Franconia Notch on June 29.
A possible rusty blackbird was reported from the Guinea Pond Trail off of Sandwich Notch Road on June 18.
A group of 139 chimney swifts was seen roosting together in Lebanon on June 24.
Two common nighthawk nests were located in Concord during the past week.
READER COMMENTS: 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
- Drone legislation again to get NH House attention - 0
- Funding to Planned Parenthood jumps three-fold in two years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'