Home » News » Public Safety
Pelham fireworks explosion injures one
This is the second fireworks incident in Pelham that resulted in serious injuries in the last two years.
The man suffered a severe hand injury and heavy bleeding while reloading a mortar shell about 7:15 p.m. The shell exploded in the tube, fire officials said Saturday.
On July 2, 2012, 13 people — five of them children — were hurt at a 40 Dodge Road home when an aerial spinner went awry and ignited a stockpile of 344 unpackaged, reloadable mortar shells stored on the back deck. The incident was ruled an accident and triggered some calls for greater restrictions on fireworks displays.
The man injured Friday night went by ambulance to a local hospital. He was transferred to a Boston hospital for emergency surgery.
Fire officials would not release the victim's name, the address where the incident occurred or if the victim lived there or was visiting.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 1
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project