Home » News » Public Safety
Pelham fireworks explosion injures one
This is the second fireworks incident in Pelham that resulted in serious injuries in the last two years.
The man suffered a severe hand injury and heavy bleeding while reloading a mortar shell about 7:15 p.m. The shell exploded in the tube, fire officials said Saturday.
On July 2, 2012, 13 people — five of them children — were hurt at a 40 Dodge Road home when an aerial spinner went awry and ignited a stockpile of 344 unpackaged, reloadable mortar shells stored on the back deck. The incident was ruled an accident and triggered some calls for greater restrictions on fireworks displays.
The man injured Friday night went by ambulance to a local hospital. He was transferred to a Boston hospital for emergency surgery.
Fire officials would not release the victim's name, the address where the incident occurred or if the victim lived there or was visiting.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads