Home » News » Public Safety
Man rescued while swimming in Lebanon
According to a Lebanon Fire Department release, the man, whose name was not released, suffered a dislocated shoulder and was carried out of the swimming area, located off Trues Brook Road, at 5:01 p.m. Fire and rescue crews found the man in the brook, approximately 30 feet below the main trail.
Due to limited access and a steep incline at the site, technical rescue equipment was dispatched to the area. Lebanon Fire Captain Andrew White directed crews to lower one rescuer and a basket down to the man. Additional personnel set up a mechanical lifting system and safety lines, and once the patient was secured in the basket he was lifted up the incline.
He was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center by ambulance at 6:15 p.m.
Hanover Fire Department assisted by providing coverage in Lebanon, and Hartford, Vt., fire personnel handled one call while units were tied up.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate