Home » News » Public Safety
Man rescued while swimming in Lebanon
According to a Lebanon Fire Department release, the man, whose name was not released, suffered a dislocated shoulder and was carried out of the swimming area, located off Trues Brook Road, at 5:01 p.m. Fire and rescue crews found the man in the brook, approximately 30 feet below the main trail.
Due to limited access and a steep incline at the site, technical rescue equipment was dispatched to the area. Lebanon Fire Captain Andrew White directed crews to lower one rescuer and a basket down to the man. Additional personnel set up a mechanical lifting system and safety lines, and once the patient was secured in the basket he was lifted up the incline.
He was taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center by ambulance at 6:15 p.m.
Hanover Fire Department assisted by providing coverage in Lebanon, and Hartford, Vt., fire personnel handled one call while units were tied up.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 16
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major in Alton during weekend - 2
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 4
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's