Home » Opinion » Editorials
The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives
It happens that earlier this year, Mrs. Craig was the winner, selected at random, of a promotion put on by this newspaper in cooperation with Hannaford Supermarkets. As grand prize winner, Mrs. Craig won a Hannaford grocery giveaway. And what did she do? She gave part of it away.
"With this wonderful windfall, I felt like the Good Lord was encouraging me to feed the hungry. Known to me are single mothers looking for a way to provide food and shelter for their child, and grandmothers who use their sometimes limited funds to help their grandchildren with food and shelter. They are my special interest these days. These gift cards will take the weight of using funds from my budget, at least for a while.
"Thank you to the Union Leader and Hannaford's for conducting this contest. As Manchester lifelong residents, we love the Union Leader, both the home delivery service and the Internet version, which keeps us informed when we are out of town. The Union Leader is a tremendous asset to the Manchester area. Hannaford's on Bicentennial Drive is our grocery store. Hannaford's does so much for the community! I think you have the perfect partner in the contest.''
READER COMMENTS: 0
- JFK picture on side of Dallas tour bus draws ire, threats - 0
- Yellowstone tourist fined for crashed drone - 0
- FBI chief claims killer of Foley and Sotloff is identified - 0
- FBI says militant in beheading videos ID'd; about a dozen from U.S. have fought with militants in Syria - 0
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on Islamic State in Syria - 16
- Obama to make statement after airstrikes against Islamic State, White House official says - 3
- US opens new front against Islamic State with airstrikes in Syria - 0
- Pentagon says U.S., partner nations launch first strikes in Syria - 0
- 3 Afghan soldiers missing from Cape Cod found at the Canadian border - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance