Home » Opinion » Editorials
The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives
It happens that earlier this year, Mrs. Craig was the winner, selected at random, of a promotion put on by this newspaper in cooperation with Hannaford Supermarkets. As grand prize winner, Mrs. Craig won a Hannaford grocery giveaway. And what did she do? She gave part of it away.
"With this wonderful windfall, I felt like the Good Lord was encouraging me to feed the hungry. Known to me are single mothers looking for a way to provide food and shelter for their child, and grandmothers who use their sometimes limited funds to help their grandchildren with food and shelter. They are my special interest these days. These gift cards will take the weight of using funds from my budget, at least for a while.
"Thank you to the Union Leader and Hannaford's for conducting this contest. As Manchester lifelong residents, we love the Union Leader, both the home delivery service and the Internet version, which keeps us informed when we are out of town. The Union Leader is a tremendous asset to the Manchester area. Hannaford's on Bicentennial Drive is our grocery store. Hannaford's does so much for the community! I think you have the perfect partner in the contest.''
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 29
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 21
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 68
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate