Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion
In addition, town official cited also working with its legal counsel to voice their dismay about the project and explore what options are available in the months ahead.
BBA’s conservation lands span more than 1,280 acres of forests, fields and wetlands in Hollis, as well as Brookline and Milford, according to the organization’s website.
While the board encouraged residents to save their comments for the coming week’s public hearing, no one in the room raised their hands when asked if they’d prefer what’s believed to be the original route being considered by Kinder Morgan.
“Right now, our objective it so share data so during the upcoming public hearing, we’ll have a sense of the residents’ preferences,” Le Doux added.
While company officials have yet to reveal the exact route being proposed for the pipeline, initial surveying requests made to property owners and the BBA have already given locals a pretty good idea of what the company is considering.
Two other routes proposed are of similar length and would both utilize existing utility corridors and public right-of-way. Maps of the three alternative sites may be viewed online at www.beaverbrook.org/pipeline/.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads