Derry council opts to reopen town administrator search
After months of searching, the council had narrowed the field down from 76 candidates to finalists Richard Brown, of Massachusetts and Stephen Eldridge, of Maine. They further narrowed the list to just one finalist, whose name will not be revealed, Council Chairman Mark Osborne said in the meeting.
Osborne didn’t specify what factors led to the decision to not select either town administrator finalist. Each candidate had a lot of municipal government experience and had dealt with similar situations.
In moving forward with the search, councilors agreed 6-0 to appropriate $2,000 to fund the next search that will begin within days.
The council also agreed to add a requirement of executive management experience, with a preference for governmental experience, to the new ad they plan to post.
If the new search succeeds in finding a new town administrator, they would then be named at the Tuesday, Sept. 16 Town Council meeting, according to the draft.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Study to design gateway into Nashua approved - 0
- Proposed elderly apartment complex clears zoning hurdle in Londonderry - 0
- Lebanon city council mulls one-way for Dulac Street - 0
- Busy first week on the job for Lyndeborough's new Town Administrator - 0
- Two steps closer for recreation land purchase in Milford - 0
- Drainage work could turn Lebanon road into one-way - 0
- Wolfeboro town hall offices on the move - 0
- Future of I-93 Exit 4A debated - 2
- NH DOT: Derry's portion for Exit 4A project capped at $5m - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 0
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 7
- On Baseball: NH's Anderson glad to be back - 0
- Republican congressional candidate Lambert says he'd serve only 3 terms - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The grandson also rises - 1
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 4
- You Turn, NH -- Suellen Griffin: There is first aid for mental health, too, and it works - 0
DWI License Revocations
Market Basket shelves growing bare
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility