Derry council opts to reopen town administrator search
After months of searching, the council had narrowed the field down from 76 candidates to finalists Richard Brown, of Massachusetts and Stephen Eldridge, of Maine. They further narrowed the list to just one finalist, whose name will not be revealed, Council Chairman Mark Osborne said in the meeting.
Osborne didn’t specify what factors led to the decision to not select either town administrator finalist. Each candidate had a lot of municipal government experience and had dealt with similar situations.
In moving forward with the search, councilors agreed 6-0 to appropriate $2,000 to fund the next search that will begin within days.
The council also agreed to add a requirement of executive management experience, with a preference for governmental experience, to the new ad they plan to post.
If the new search succeeds in finding a new town administrator, they would then be named at the Tuesday, Sept. 16 Town Council meeting, according to the draft.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Peterborough OKs state's largest solar array project - 0
- Settlement reached between Groton Wind and state AG's office - 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
- Windham officials to discuss development - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
- NH gas pipeline expansion pushed - 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH