Derry council opts to reopen town administrator search
After months of searching, the council had narrowed the field down from 76 candidates to finalists Richard Brown, of Massachusetts and Stephen Eldridge, of Maine. They further narrowed the list to just one finalist, whose name will not be revealed, Council Chairman Mark Osborne said in the meeting.
Osborne didn’t specify what factors led to the decision to not select either town administrator finalist. Each candidate had a lot of municipal government experience and had dealt with similar situations.
In moving forward with the search, councilors agreed 6-0 to appropriate $2,000 to fund the next search that will begin within days.
The council also agreed to add a requirement of executive management experience, with a preference for governmental experience, to the new ad they plan to post.
If the new search succeeds in finding a new town administrator, they would then be named at the Tuesday, Sept. 16 Town Council meeting, according to the draft.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- A voice for New Hampshire is silenced, but Stacey Cole's impact will remain - 0
- Whether you have everything or nothing, you can find the perfect gift in these pages - 0
- Obituaries can give life to the recently departed - 0
- The Donald trumped event with praise for Foley, others - 0
- A Revolutionary War descendant became the paper's original 'tree hugger' - 2
- Newspapers save democracy, one edition at a time - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Bradlee, B.J. and a heavenly forgiveness - 1
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 6
- No Columbus Day celebration, but we'll always have our Festivus poles - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park