Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man allegedly stabs brother in the stomach
NASHUA -- A local man is accused of stabbing his brother in the stomach with a steak knife after accusing him of having an affair with his girlfriend.
Ernie Roig, 26, of 80 Chestnut St., apt. B, is facing numerous charges after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend and brother during the July 4 incident at his residence.
Jasmine Enwright, 20, told police that around 2 a.m., Roig woke her up and began yelling and accusing her of cheating on him with his brother, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
He allegedly punched her in the eye, grabbed two kitchen knives and threatened to kill her, says court documents.
At the time, Roig's brother, Michael Roig, 23, ran from the living room to intervene, struggling with the elder Roig.
Michael Roig told authorities that he placed himself between his brother and the bathroom door where Enwright was hiding. Then, Ernie Roig allegedly stabbed Michael Roig in the stomach with one of the steak knives, according to court records.
Ernie Roig allegedly confronted Enwright again, grabbing her hair and shaking her.
“Ernie then said something to the effect of, ‘if you keep lying, there is already blood on this blade,'” says the police affidavit.
A third brother called police for assistance, at which time witnesses told authorities that Ernie Roig “constantly accuses Jasmine of cheating on him with Michael,” says court documents. The younger Roig was treated at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for the knife injury, and he is expected to survive. Enwright sustained a minor injury during the attack.
Ernie Roig was arraigned via video on Monday at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division. He has been charged with first-degree assault, two felony counts of domestic violence criminal threatening and two counts of simple assault.
Ernie Roig told police a different version of events, claiming that his brother came home with the injury, refusing to provide a formal statement to detectives because he was upset that his brother had been stabbed, says court records.
Investigators found trails of blood within the apartment, along with two kitchen knives where the altercation took place.
A judge ordered that Ernie Roig be held on $100,000 cash bail, and that he have no contact with his brother or girlfriend. He will be back in court on July 17 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483