Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Man allegedly stabs brother in the stomach
NASHUA -- A local man is accused of stabbing his brother in the stomach with a steak knife after accusing him of having an affair with his girlfriend.
Ernie Roig, 26, of 80 Chestnut St., apt. B, is facing numerous charges after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend and brother during the July 4 incident at his residence.
Jasmine Enwright, 20, told police that around 2 a.m., Roig woke her up and began yelling and accusing her of cheating on him with his brother, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
He allegedly punched her in the eye, grabbed two kitchen knives and threatened to kill her, says court documents.
At the time, Roig's brother, Michael Roig, 23, ran from the living room to intervene, struggling with the elder Roig.
Michael Roig told authorities that he placed himself between his brother and the bathroom door where Enwright was hiding. Then, Ernie Roig allegedly stabbed Michael Roig in the stomach with one of the steak knives, according to court records.
Ernie Roig allegedly confronted Enwright again, grabbing her hair and shaking her.
“Ernie then said something to the effect of, ‘if you keep lying, there is already blood on this blade,'” says the police affidavit.
A third brother called police for assistance, at which time witnesses told authorities that Ernie Roig “constantly accuses Jasmine of cheating on him with Michael,” says court documents. The younger Roig was treated at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for the knife injury, and he is expected to survive. Enwright sustained a minor injury during the attack.
Ernie Roig was arraigned via video on Monday at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division. He has been charged with first-degree assault, two felony counts of domestic violence criminal threatening and two counts of simple assault.
Ernie Roig told police a different version of events, claiming that his brother came home with the injury, refusing to provide a formal statement to detectives because he was upset that his brother had been stabbed, says court records.
Investigators found trails of blood within the apartment, along with two kitchen knives where the altercation took place.
A judge ordered that Ernie Roig be held on $100,000 cash bail, and that he have no contact with his brother or girlfriend. He will be back in court on July 17 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say family of five found shot dead in Saco, Maine home - 0
- New Boston police arrest 29 teens at house party - 1
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 3
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 2
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917