Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man allegedly stabs brother in the stomach
NASHUA -- A local man is accused of stabbing his brother in the stomach with a steak knife after accusing him of having an affair with his girlfriend.
Ernie Roig, 26, of 80 Chestnut St., apt. B, is facing numerous charges after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend and brother during the July 4 incident at his residence.
Jasmine Enwright, 20, told police that around 2 a.m., Roig woke her up and began yelling and accusing her of cheating on him with his brother, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
He allegedly punched her in the eye, grabbed two kitchen knives and threatened to kill her, says court documents.
At the time, Roig's brother, Michael Roig, 23, ran from the living room to intervene, struggling with the elder Roig.
Michael Roig told authorities that he placed himself between his brother and the bathroom door where Enwright was hiding. Then, Ernie Roig allegedly stabbed Michael Roig in the stomach with one of the steak knives, according to court records.
Ernie Roig allegedly confronted Enwright again, grabbing her hair and shaking her.
“Ernie then said something to the effect of, ‘if you keep lying, there is already blood on this blade,'” says the police affidavit.
A third brother called police for assistance, at which time witnesses told authorities that Ernie Roig “constantly accuses Jasmine of cheating on him with Michael,” says court documents. The younger Roig was treated at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for the knife injury, and he is expected to survive. Enwright sustained a minor injury during the attack.
Ernie Roig was arraigned via video on Monday at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division. He has been charged with first-degree assault, two felony counts of domestic violence criminal threatening and two counts of simple assault.
Ernie Roig told police a different version of events, claiming that his brother came home with the injury, refusing to provide a formal statement to detectives because he was upset that his brother had been stabbed, says court records.
Investigators found trails of blood within the apartment, along with two kitchen knives where the altercation took place.
A judge ordered that Ernie Roig be held on $100,000 cash bail, and that he have no contact with his brother or girlfriend. He will be back in court on July 17 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917