Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Man allegedly stabs brother in the stomach
NASHUA -- A local man is accused of stabbing his brother in the stomach with a steak knife after accusing him of having an affair with his girlfriend.
Ernie Roig, 26, of 80 Chestnut St., apt. B, is facing numerous charges after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend and brother during the July 4 incident at his residence.
Jasmine Enwright, 20, told police that around 2 a.m., Roig woke her up and began yelling and accusing her of cheating on him with his brother, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
He allegedly punched her in the eye, grabbed two kitchen knives and threatened to kill her, says court documents.
At the time, Roig's brother, Michael Roig, 23, ran from the living room to intervene, struggling with the elder Roig.
Michael Roig told authorities that he placed himself between his brother and the bathroom door where Enwright was hiding. Then, Ernie Roig allegedly stabbed Michael Roig in the stomach with one of the steak knives, according to court records.
Ernie Roig allegedly confronted Enwright again, grabbing her hair and shaking her.
“Ernie then said something to the effect of, ‘if you keep lying, there is already blood on this blade,'” says the police affidavit.
A third brother called police for assistance, at which time witnesses told authorities that Ernie Roig “constantly accuses Jasmine of cheating on him with Michael,” says court documents. The younger Roig was treated at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for the knife injury, and he is expected to survive. Enwright sustained a minor injury during the attack.
Ernie Roig was arraigned via video on Monday at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division. He has been charged with first-degree assault, two felony counts of domestic violence criminal threatening and two counts of simple assault.
Ernie Roig told police a different version of events, claiming that his brother came home with the injury, refusing to provide a formal statement to detectives because he was upset that his brother had been stabbed, says court records.
Investigators found trails of blood within the apartment, along with two kitchen knives where the altercation took place.
A judge ordered that Ernie Roig be held on $100,000 cash bail, and that he have no contact with his brother or girlfriend. He will be back in court on July 17 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917