action:article | category:NEWS03 | adString:NEWS03 | zoneID:67
Amber Blackman

Amber Blackman

Dec 4, 2014

Fugitive of the Week Jonathan Benedict

CAPTURED

Jonathan E. Benedict

Oct 30, 2014

Darrell Cook

Darrell W. Cook

Oct 2, 2014

Michael Polchies

CAPTURED

Michael Polchies

Sep 25, 2014

Home » News » Crime

July 09. 2014 8:30PM

Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing


Remi Gross-Santos, 17, was driven home by his father after being released from the Hampton Police Department on June 12, the day he allegedly struck two Hampton women. (RYAN O'CONNOR/Union Leader Correspondent)

SEABROOK — Less than a month after striking two Hampton women with his car while headed to a graduation rehearsal, a Portsmouth teen, who was allegedly intoxicated at the time of the accident, waived his probable cause hearing Wednesday.

Remi Gross-Santos, 17, was reportedly returning from an all-night party when he fell asleep at the wheel around 7 a.m. on June 12, crossed to the opposite side of Ocean Boulevard and struck 60-year-old Lisa Beaudry and 69-year-old Karen Weinhold, who were out for an early-morning walk.

Both women have been released from the respective hospitals where they received treatment for their injuries. Beaudry was discharged from Massachusetts General hospital on June 20, and 69-year-old Karen Weinhold, who was airlifted from the scene of the accident, was recently discharged from Beth Israel Deaconess Medial Center, where she had been listed in both serious and critical condition for several weeks.

Gross-Santos, who was initially charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated has also been booked on two counts of second-degree assault, possession of drugs in a vehicle and transportation of alcohol by a minor.

A subsequent search of the 1992 Volvo station wagon Gross-Santos was driving reportedly produced the evidence associated with the later two charges, according to Hampton Deputy Police Chief Rich Sawyer, who said there are no other updates available at this time.

A decision on whether to release blood alcohol test results will be made by the Rockingham Country Attorney’s Office, he said.

roconnor@newstote.com


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
  • Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
  • KSC students
  • 37%
  • KSC administration
  • 2%
  • Police
  • 6%
  • Visitors from out of town
  • 18%
  • A combination of any/all of the above
  • 37%
  • Total Votes: 2483

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events