Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearingBy RYAN O'CONNOR
Union Leader Correspondent
July 09. 2014 8:30PM
SEABROOK — Less than a month after striking two Hampton women with his car while headed to a graduation rehearsal, a Portsmouth teen, who was allegedly intoxicated at the time of the accident, waived his probable cause hearing Wednesday.
Remi Gross-Santos, 17, was reportedly returning from an all-night party when he fell asleep at the wheel around 7 a.m. on June 12, crossed to the opposite side of Ocean Boulevard and struck 60-year-old Lisa Beaudry and 69-year-old Karen Weinhold, who were out for an early-morning walk.
Both women have been released from the respective hospitals where they received treatment for their injuries. Beaudry was discharged from Massachusetts General hospital on June 20, and 69-year-old Karen Weinhold, who was airlifted from the scene of the accident, was recently discharged from Beth Israel Deaconess Medial Center, where she had been listed in both serious and critical condition for several weeks.
Gross-Santos, who was initially charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated has also been booked on two counts of second-degree assault, possession of drugs in a vehicle and transportation of alcohol by a minor.
A subsequent search of the 1992 Volvo station wagon Gross-Santos was driving reportedly produced the evidence associated with the later two charges, according to Hampton Deputy Police Chief Rich Sawyer, who said there are no other updates available at this time.
A decision on whether to release blood alcohol test results will be made by the Rockingham Country Attorney’s Office, he said.