Home » News » Public Safety
Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat
“Most of the heat’s online,” said Free Keene blogger Ian Freeman, who started the blog in 2006.
Community members, especially family members of the deceased, are upset about the posted video, City Council member Randy Filiault said Monday.
On July 1, a man shot himself to death during a 4 ½-hour standoff with police on Ivy Drive.
Freeman said while he does have editorial access to the blog, he rarely exercises it.
Ean said Wednesday that, though is he an activist, when he covers an event such as the standoff last week, he is there as an objective journalist.
His camera was not focused on Snow during the actual shooting, but the shot can be heard.
Ean has been confronted online by people offended by the posting of the footage, as well as on the street by relatives of Snow, but he stands by releasing the footage, he said.
After he shot himself police “are seen rolling him over to handcuff him and then rolling him back over so the paramedics can come in,” Ean said.
“I thought it was pretty clear he was clearly very critically injured,” he added.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'