Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park
Derry resident Carol L'Italien poses with Red Sox assistant hitting coach Victor Rodriguez during the CVS Caremark Baseball Camp for wounded veterans July 2 at Fenway Park. (COURTESY)
Derry resident Carol L'Italien was among the veterans who took part in the CVS Caremark Baseball Camp at Fenway Park on July 2. (COURTESY)
The Derry resident took part in the July 2 Veterans Skills Camp, hosted by CVS Caremark in partnership with the Boston Red Sox. She was the only New Hampshire participant among a group of veterans from three New England states.
A devoted Sox fan, L’Italien said she had an incredible time and was amazed she was able to take her cuts in the hallowed ballpark.
L’Italien, 50, had played softball in the past, and that experience helped her in the Fenway batting cage, where she made solid contact with every swing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 29
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 22
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 68
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate