Band concert highlights Deerfield Family Fun Night
DEERFIELD — Deerfield may be a small town, but residents are planning on celebrating summer in a big way Friday night, when Deerfield’s own Art Murphy and his band, Blue Matter, take the stage as the centerpiece of the annual Family Fun Night.
“We used to do a summer concert series pretty much every Friday night, and of course, we’d always have our old home day in August, but we decided to focus on a couple special events the last few years, and the family fun night’s have gone over really well,” said Joe Manzi, director of the Deerfield Parks and Recreation Department. “It’s a night for families to come out and enjoy a lot of fun.”
In addition to the local tunes, which start at 6 p.m. at the Deerfield Gazebo at 5 Church St., this year’s family fun night includes a barbecue dinner, ice cream sundaes, face painting and more, all beginning at 5 p.m. and going until 8.
“This isn’t an event where vendors are brought in or anything like that,” said Manzi. “It’s more of an opportunity for Deerfield families and friends to come out and enjoy each other’s company.”
Manzi said he and town officials are already planning and preparing for Old Home Day on Aug. 16. That event includes a chicken barbecue, parade, live performance from Mr. Nick and the Dirty Tricks, and more. This year, organizers are bringing back the town’s 5K community road race, said Manzi.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.