Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release
Two remain in custodyWilliam Flynn, 40
• Convicted of second-degree murder for shooting Gregory Smart in the head.
• Sentenced 40 years to life, eligible for parole after 25 years.
• ≠Currently resides at Bolduc Correctional Facility in Warren, Maine.
• Prison record includes five infractions, the last one in 1997. He has completed educational and vocational programs and certified as an electrician's assistant. He also received an associate's degree in liberal studies.
• Last week, a New Hampshire judge approved a recommendation of work release while incarcerated.
• Married while in prison.
• In 2008, Smart's brother Dean said Flynn had done a good job in prison, and he would accept his release in 2015.
Patrick Randall, 40
• • Convicted of accomplice to second-degree murder for holding a knife to the throat of Gregory Smart while Flynn shot him.
• Sentenced to 40 years to life, eligible for parole after 25 years.
• Served most of his sentence in Maine. Moved to the miniumum security portion of the New Hampshire State Prison on Jan. 22.
• Prison record is disciplinary free.
• Participated in alcohol and drug course, as well as education and vocational programs.
• A New Hampshire judge is considering a request to participate in work release.
• In 1992, Smart's father said he was honestly touched after Randall faced the Smart family and wept during his sentencing hearing.
Randall has a C-2 minimum-security classification and has been housed at the New Hampshire State Prison transitional center in Concord since January, Lyons said. The center is outside the prison fence, and its doors are locked. But inmates at the center can sit outside and even smoke cigarettes in designated areas.
Corrections officials have requested a judge to reduce Randall’s classification further to C-1, which would make him eligible for a halfway house and work-release. That request is pending.
Lyons stressed that the Flynn request, made on June 10, originated from Maine, where he remains incarcerated.
Raymond Fowler, who was in the car parked outside the Smart condo, was paroled in 2005 and has completed his sentence, Lyons said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483