Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope
Her daughter, Abigail, 15, disappeared on Oct. 9. Wednesday marked nine months since Abigail’s last sighting as she walked in the direction of her home from Kennett High School, where she was a freshman.
Law enforcement, who report no new leads in the case, have expressed great worry about Abigail’s whereabouts. They haven’t disclosed the details of a letter from Abigail to her mother a few weeks after her disappearance, but have said they fear she is being detained against her will.
“We are not giving up hope. Abby always stayed in touch and didn’t want us to worry. We pray that we see her again,” Zenya Hernandez said.
“Hope waxes and wanes, and sometimes it’s almost gone, and sometimes, we have surges of hope. Before my birthday, I had a surge of hope, but then, it died off. We are not giving up. We just want to see Abby again.”
“Day 275. Today marks 9 months since Abby vanished from North Conway, N.H. Last seen leaving Kennett High School on foot. Abby is 5-foot-4, 118 pounds, long brown hair and brown eyes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters