Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope
Her daughter, Abigail, 15, disappeared on Oct. 9. Wednesday marked nine months since Abigail’s last sighting as she walked in the direction of her home from Kennett High School, where she was a freshman.
Law enforcement, who report no new leads in the case, have expressed great worry about Abigail’s whereabouts. They haven’t disclosed the details of a letter from Abigail to her mother a few weeks after her disappearance, but have said they fear she is being detained against her will.
“We are not giving up hope. Abby always stayed in touch and didn’t want us to worry. We pray that we see her again,” Zenya Hernandez said.
“Hope waxes and wanes, and sometimes it’s almost gone, and sometimes, we have surges of hope. Before my birthday, I had a surge of hope, but then, it died off. We are not giving up. We just want to see Abby again.”
“Day 275. Today marks 9 months since Abby vanished from North Conway, N.H. Last seen leaving Kennett High School on foot. Abby is 5-foot-4, 118 pounds, long brown hair and brown eyes.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change