Home » Opinion » Editorials
City summer: Check out Manchester
Sure, why not? The city has a lot to offer this summer, and it beats staying inside watching “Saved by the Bell” reruns while the weather is so nice (you can save that hobby for the winter).
On Thursdays in July and August, the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce holds Lunch in the Park from noon to 2 p.m. at Veterans Park (see story on page B1).
The city library offers many events for families and children. This coming Monday at 10 a.m. the library plans a children’s bug hunt. Next Wednesday afternoon, kids in grades 3 to 6 can take part in a class called “Things that Go Boom!” Check the library website (www.manchester.lib.nh.us) for more.
You don’t have to go to the lakes or the Seacoast for a day out this summer. Manchester has more to offer than you might realize.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 43
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 37
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 71
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
- Playing chicken: Treating voters like idiots - 0
- Perry’s indictment: An abuse of the legal system - 24
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate