Home » Opinion » Editorials
City summer: Check out Manchester
Sure, why not? The city has a lot to offer this summer, and it beats staying inside watching “Saved by the Bell” reruns while the weather is so nice (you can save that hobby for the winter).
On Thursdays in July and August, the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce holds Lunch in the Park from noon to 2 p.m. at Veterans Park (see story on page B1).
The city library offers many events for families and children. This coming Monday at 10 a.m. the library plans a children’s bug hunt. Next Wednesday afternoon, kids in grades 3 to 6 can take part in a class called “Things that Go Boom!” Check the library website (www.manchester.lib.nh.us) for more.
You don’t have to go to the lakes or the Seacoast for a day out this summer. Manchester has more to offer than you might realize.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads