Two injured by propellers in separate boating incidents on Lake Winnipesaukee
Two people were injured by boat propellers in separate incidents Friday on Lake Winnipesaukee, according to the state police Marine Patrol.
In the first, a 15-year-old boy from Bow was struck by a propeller while wakeboarding on the lake near Meredith shortly before noon Friday. He suffered injuries to his legs that are not considered life-threatening and was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia for treatment.
In the other accident, Sarah Sophia, 21, of Wakefield, Mass., suffered cuts to her right leg when she was struck by a propeller from a boat that was towing her while she was riding in an inner tube. She was also taken to Lakes Region General Hospital for treatment.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.