Home » News » Public Safety
Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry
During the July 9 Planning Board meeting Glenn Kaplan, chief executive officer of Kaplan Development Group, LLC, shared conceptual plans for All American Assisted Living, a facility to be located at the Meadow Drive intersection.
Chadwick said the proposed project was consistent with Londonderry’s zoning requirements with one exception.
Chadwick noted that an assisted living facility isn’t quite the same as an apartment complex, since the majority of residents aren’t currently driving and therefore wouldn’t be accountable for additional traffic.
Kaplan said the facility, which would be staffed 24-hours, would have a total of 112 beds and most of the rooms would “essentially be two-bedroom apartments with shared living areas.”
Kaplan Development Group has been in the senior housing business since the early 1970s.
“Most of our clients tend to be in their 80s and very few of them drive anymore,” Kaplan said. “For the most part, we’d provide transportation for shopping excursions, field trips and doctor appointments, though every now and then we do get a resident that still has his or her own car.”
Chadwick said the project would go before the Zoning Board sometime this summer with hopes of obtaining a density waiver.
“From a planning perspective, this would make a good neighbor for the single and two-family homes located nearby,” May said. “Also, this is really close to all of the shopping facilities and medical offices, so it’s a really awesome location for an assisted living.”
In June, THI of New Hampshire at Derry, LLC, brought plans for a 109-bed nursing home before the state’s Health Services Planning and Review Committee. The $14.3 million project, which is being proposed for construction off Mammoth Road and Grenier Field Road, is currently in formal review process.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate