Home » News » Public Safety
Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry
During the July 9 Planning Board meeting Glenn Kaplan, chief executive officer of Kaplan Development Group, LLC, shared conceptual plans for All American Assisted Living, a facility to be located at the Meadow Drive intersection.
Chadwick said the proposed project was consistent with Londonderry’s zoning requirements with one exception.
Chadwick noted that an assisted living facility isn’t quite the same as an apartment complex, since the majority of residents aren’t currently driving and therefore wouldn’t be accountable for additional traffic.
Kaplan said the facility, which would be staffed 24-hours, would have a total of 112 beds and most of the rooms would “essentially be two-bedroom apartments with shared living areas.”
Kaplan Development Group has been in the senior housing business since the early 1970s.
“Most of our clients tend to be in their 80s and very few of them drive anymore,” Kaplan said. “For the most part, we’d provide transportation for shopping excursions, field trips and doctor appointments, though every now and then we do get a resident that still has his or her own car.”
Chadwick said the project would go before the Zoning Board sometime this summer with hopes of obtaining a density waiver.
“From a planning perspective, this would make a good neighbor for the single and two-family homes located nearby,” May said. “Also, this is really close to all of the shopping facilities and medical offices, so it’s a really awesome location for an assisted living.”
In June, THI of New Hampshire at Derry, LLC, brought plans for a 109-bed nursing home before the state’s Health Services Planning and Review Committee. The $14.3 million project, which is being proposed for construction off Mammoth Road and Grenier Field Road, is currently in formal review process.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m