Home » News » Public Safety
Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry
During the July 9 Planning Board meeting Glenn Kaplan, chief executive officer of Kaplan Development Group, LLC, shared conceptual plans for All American Assisted Living, a facility to be located at the Meadow Drive intersection.
Chadwick said the proposed project was consistent with Londonderry’s zoning requirements with one exception.
Chadwick noted that an assisted living facility isn’t quite the same as an apartment complex, since the majority of residents aren’t currently driving and therefore wouldn’t be accountable for additional traffic.
Kaplan said the facility, which would be staffed 24-hours, would have a total of 112 beds and most of the rooms would “essentially be two-bedroom apartments with shared living areas.”
Kaplan Development Group has been in the senior housing business since the early 1970s.
“Most of our clients tend to be in their 80s and very few of them drive anymore,” Kaplan said. “For the most part, we’d provide transportation for shopping excursions, field trips and doctor appointments, though every now and then we do get a resident that still has his or her own car.”
Chadwick said the project would go before the Zoning Board sometime this summer with hopes of obtaining a density waiver.
“From a planning perspective, this would make a good neighbor for the single and two-family homes located nearby,” May said. “Also, this is really close to all of the shopping facilities and medical offices, so it’s a really awesome location for an assisted living.”
In June, THI of New Hampshire at Derry, LLC, brought plans for a 109-bed nursing home before the state’s Health Services Planning and Review Committee. The $14.3 million project, which is being proposed for construction off Mammoth Road and Grenier Field Road, is currently in formal review process.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance